Pastor: Fr. Simon Mario Enudu
Deacons: Deacon James Soptick & DeaconMichael Fritz
Bookkeeper: Cecilia Dixon
Music Director: Julie Rosenthal
Youth Coordinators: Joni Cunningham & Joie Dame
Phone: (417) 589-6782
Mailing address: Sacred Heart Catholic Church, 310 South Spruce Street P.O. Box 8 Conway, MO 65632
“Come Follow Me” Matt. 4:19
The Pastor’s Corner is a special news column including homilies and other spiritual writing by our pastor Fr. Simon Mario Enudu.
The parish council is a consultative body responsible to the pastor, who is the administrator of the parish and as such is responsible to the bishop. The parish council assists the pastor by its vision of what the parish is called to become in its life (Canon 536, Section 2). Members serve a two-year term. Contact the parish office for more information.
Chairperson Gary Don Cunningham
Vice-chairperson Jay Jensen
Secretary Theresa Harrington
Other members: Andy Triplett, Pam Peirano, Kathy Hurt, Alice Jones, Gary Wayne Cunningham, and Mike Ciugudean.
Meets the third Sunday each month at 6 pm with the pastor and finance staff.
Members: Tracy Bobbitt, Ben Reid, Kim Shelton, Russell Rouse, Carlene Jensen, and Bob Shockley.
The parish was founded in 1869. The current church building was built in 1917. A rectory, a parish hall, and Sunday school classrooms were later added.
The Parish Hall features 2,000-square-feet of event space including a large meeting room, a kitchen with a service window, men’s and women’s restrooms, and classrooms. It is available for a select number of wedding receptions, funeral lunches, and community events. Read more
The Catholic community in Conway was evident as early as 1869. The community desired a church, but felt the need for homes was greater. So they met in each other’s homes to celebrate mass. In the spring of 1876, the time had come to build a church. The first Mass was celebrated one year later in 1877. In 1872, Father Sheeply came to serve as pastor of the church. The church was moved from the cemetery site into Conway. In 1899, the church was busting at the seams and addition was added. The addition added twelve feet to the church, and a bell was donated. In 1917, a new church was built and still stands today.
Read more on the diocese website.